Portrait Retoucher & Printer
3 consecutive days per week (based at our Geelong studio)
Hi, and thanks for your interest in the Portrait Retoucher and Printer position with artist photographer.
I’m Mark Strachan, the Owner and Founder of the company.
Okay, right now I’m going to tell you a little bit about the position & what you’ll be doing, and then if you’re interested in working with us, I’ll get you to send through some things so that we can get in contact with you..
Firstly about our business…
artist photographer was established in 1983 and is an industry leader in family and child portraits in both Geelong and Richmond. Currently we have 3 Photographers and 9 support staff across our 2 studios. We are a young team that love doing what we do.
.Our Geelong Studio
Our portraits are of the finest quality, and they are priced at the ‘premium’ end of the market. All of our Custom Portrait Orders are completed in-house by our experienced Production Team. This ensures that every Order goes through a strict quality control process before leaving the Studio and into our client’s homes.
Our Richmond Studio
Secondly, about this position…
Ultimately you’ll be responsible for retouching and printing all of our Custom Portrait Orders. The standard of work throughout all aspects of our business is exceptionally high – but most importantly in this role. What you retouch and print is what our clients will look at and treasure in their homes for a lifetime.
It may come as a surprise to you but a lot of people are self conscious about how they look! When our clients come to the Studio they are oftentimes a little nervous. You are given the task of ensuring that when they receive their final Artwork, all they see is their beautiful family captured in a special moment in time… Not the dark circles under their eyes, or the toothpaste mark on their child’s dress from getting ready that morning, or the whispy bits of hair floating around their head.
For this reason, we need someone who has an extremely high attention to detail and is able to follow specific artistry instructions in a timely manner. Advanced knowledge of Portrait retouching and Adobe Photoshop Software is vital to succeed in this position.
Previous experience using a commercial printer is desired but not essential. We have excellent training and procedures in place to make it easy for you to succeed if you dont have this particular experience already!
You’ll even have your own car park provided just a few metres from where you’ll be working in Geelong – so no parking hassles!
In summary, here are the things you will be responsible for:
Performing basic artistry on all Custom Portrait Orders and any other specific artistry requests
- Completing occasional complex artisty requests on Orders
Printing Hi Resolution files using an Epson 9900 Stylus Pro printer
- Performing strict quality control on all images to ensure our high standard of work is maintained
Managing client paperwork during artistry/printing phase of Production
- Updating software to reflect status of Orders during artistry/printing phase
- Communicating to other members of the Production Team when an Order has progressed to the next phase
All hardware and software to perform the required duties is provided for you with the most up to date Mac equipment and accessories.
This position is a Casual role (3 consecutive days a week of approx 18 hours) and Award Wages apply.
We want a committed, experienced and friendly person to join our talented Production Team. That’s why we have created this page so that you really have a good understanding of the role before you apply.
Oh and you’ll also need the skills to do a great job…
The skills you’ll need to have are:
- Experience with colour correction in Camera Raw
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop skills in Portrait retouching/enhancements
- Great time management skills
- Leadership – we are after someone that sets themselves high standards and achieves them
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook to communicate with colleagues
- Able to follow written instructions
- Creatively work ‘outside the box’ when needed.
Plus your ‘personal’ qualities are very important to us. Here’s a quick list…
- You are a positive person who is warm and friendly with fellow team members.
- You are passionate about working, love being busy and you love ‘going the extra mile’ with everything you do.
- You take pride in your work and have a high attention to detail.
- You are accurate and systematic.
- You are an ‘on-time’ person.
- You are honest and can work without close supervision and you have initiative.
- You are a great ‘team’ player.
Are you ready for the next step…?
If this sounds like the position for you, the next step is to email email@example.com with the following attachments…
- Your CV showing a minimum 2 years experience in Portrait Artistry/Retouching
- An example before and after Portrait retouching of an image
- An example before and after headswap performed on an image
Remember, we’ll need to hear from you BEFORE 5pm on Thursday 24th January 2019. We are hoping to complete training with the successful candidate by mid February 2019.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you … Good Luck!