this is how they work
At artist photographer, we are a specialist family portrait studio and have been for over 37 years, creating beautiful memories for families throughout Australia.
We will stop at nothing to achieve the very best results for you. To achieve this, it’s important that you are aware of how our studio works …
- Your Gift Certificate is for a studio Family Portrait Session. ‘Family’ is parents and/or grandparents with children of any age. Many clients take this opportunity to make Multigenerational Portraits including up to 5 generations. Both our Melbourne and Geelong studios can accommodate up to 30 people in one portrait.
- Children – If you would like your children photographed individually or together, we are only too happy to photograph them at no extra charge separately and together so long as the entire family unit attends the Portrait Session.
- Partial Families – We do not photograph ‘incomplete families’, where a family member has not been able to attend the portrait session. We are more than happy to reschedule a new appointment for you when you are all together again.
- Gift Certificates are only valid if used by the named recipient, are not transferable, not redeemable for cash and may not be used to pay any outstanding order balances for the recipient or any client.
- To ensure fairness to all clients, a valid credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa) is required to make all Portrait Photography Reservations.
Once an appointment is made, it blocks other clients from obtaining a time for their family.
A refundable booking deposit applies to all portrait photography bookings to secure your appointment in our calendar. This REFUNDABLE deposit ranges from $100 (weekdays, 9am til 5pm) to $250 (after hours) and is refunded to you on the day of your appointment.
As up to 5 of our team will be scheduled for your visit, (some of which travel from hours away or fly from interstate), this refundable booking deposit will only be charged for last minute cancellations/reschedules, late arrival or no shows to appointments. Any appointment changes must be made 72 hours or more before your booked time. Your booking deposit may also be used towards any portraits you order or will be refunded to you on the day of your Portrait Experience.
- Redemption of Gift Certificate by artist photographer is only possible upon your signed collection of completed portrait order.
- Gift Certificates are not valid past expiry date – your Portrait Session must occur before expiry date, it is advisable to call us within 7 days of receiving your Gift Certificate to ensure we can give you more time and day options.
- We require that 2 adults (usually both parents) attend your Portrait Selection Appointment. This will save you time and make decisions much easier, allowing us to run on time for other clients. This appointment is unable to take place unless 2 adults attend.
- Studio hours are Tuesday to Friday 9am to 5pm. After hours Portrait Sessions are very popular and we can have our staff accommodate your family after 5pm on a Weekday or from 9am to 5pm on a Saturday, subject to availability.
- So that we can improve our service to our clients, calls and appointments may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
- Location photography (Beach, Home, Etc) is available at extra cost and is subject to availability – please ask our bookings team.
- Additional and Larger Portraits, French Cotton finishes and Frames – You are never under any obligation to invest more than your Gift Certificate value. Naturally, we are here to help you get the best from your time with us and we can offer valuable advice on how to achieve the best end result, even if you have a limited budget. We offer interest free terms up to 12 months and accept all credit cards without surcharges.
- Upon making your Reservation, we will send you valuable advice on clothing selection and other hints so that you will get the most out of your time with us. Please be sure to read the information we give to you and also see our other page, How We Do It …
- Your custom portrait order including any retouching by our artist will be commenced on the day it is placed. This ensures that we will meet or beat the promised ‘ready by’ date for you. Orders are unable to be changed or cancelled once placed.
- In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with your finished portraits, we will permit 1 artist’s revision, limited to variations in the original artistry notes attached to your signed order form.
- Refunds. See our refund policy at https://www.artistphotographer.com/refund-policy
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have, so please call us any time on 5223 1877
Please note that we are unable to accept bookings outside of the above terms.